World of Arizide: City of Masks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Masks, Neverwinter Nights Server Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need a new book to read!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuwisha

Nuwisha

I need a new book to read! Empty
PostSubject: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

Alright I need a new book to go through...gone through most of mine several times. I'm looking for a new series if at all possible I like the modern fantasy paranormal style to epic high fantasy. Anyways theres are the Series I went through already, maybe one of you guys will have an idea!(Please do..I need something to listen to in my English 101)

-Kingmaker, Kingbreaker. The Innocent mage and the awakened mage
-Artemis Foul series, all of them out
-The Pern series, gone through a couple books in this series
-Rangers apprentice, the whole series
-The night angel trilogy, just finished these three up
-Iron Druid chronicles, went through the three that are out and going nuts waiting for the next one
-Enders game
-Redwall series, gone through almost all of these
-His dark materials, AKA golden compass and the two books after it

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.krupp.161
Neko
Admin
Neko

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

Best person to ask would probably be angel.
Back to top Go down
https://nwncityofmasks.darkbb.com
Bluefire

Bluefire

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

The eragon series is my favorite, but if you dont like that sort of stuff, go after the Dresden Files. Its a large series, and has hilariously funny mysteries. AND it has magic in it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lore Mistress
Admin
Lore Mistress

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptyThu 06 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

Okay... You hit my prime interest. *grin* (And how is the Night Angel series? My brother's reading it and he is ALL squee about it. I may have to pick it up.) And YAY! Someone else who'll giggle and get the joke when I say "The enemy's gate is down."

So here's Angel's List of Awesome Series/Authors

FIRST!

Tanith Lee -this is my goddess. Tales from the Flat Earth, The City of Paradys and The City of Venus- all series, all phenomenal, all worth ridiculous amounts of money for sheer amazingness in prose, storytelling, character creation/development and the sheer WORLDS she creates. I. Love. Her. (Seriously, I'd leave Neko for her in like... half a second. And he already knows this. *lol*)

George R. R. Martin- 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is a truly amazing series. It gave me my faith in high fantasy back. And with book 5 already out, you can snag all of them and just BURY yourself for a weekend. TOTALLY worth reading.

Terry Goodkind- 'The Sword of Truth' series is honestly very, very good. I personally would've ended it at book 6, because the following books can get tedious, but if you're willing to go through them, the wrap-up and finale in the final book of the series is worth it. COMPLETELY ignore Law of Nines as it is a fail of epic proportions. However, his recent The Omen Machine is pretty good, if a bit unfulfilling.

Neil Gaiman- American Gods, Neverwhere, Ananasi Boys, Smoke and Mirrors and Fragile Things are on my list of "Yearly Reads." He. Is. A. God.

Charles de Lint- if you like urban fantasy, HE is the man to go to. Not only does he manage to include amazing amounts of mythology, he does it in such a way that you'll catch yourself trying to look at things out of the corner of your eye. The Onion Girl, Dreams Underfoot and Forests of the Heart are some of my favourites. He's also done some much darker stuff that was originally published under a pen name, but you can find them as his work now. Angel of Darkness and From a Whisper to a Scream

Robin McKinley -tired of gorgeous, unrealistic heroines? SHE is the woman to read. The Blue Sword was the first book of hers I picked up. Took me TWO YEARS to actually read it because the first page was so boring. *lol* But it is WORTH IT. Her book Sunshine is damn fascinating. I keep hoping she'll write another book in that setting because it's so utterly enrapturing.

Kim Harrison -if you don't mind following a rather silly little red-haired witch around through a tangle of messy relationships and overdone mysteries, it's actually well worth picking up her series The Hollows starting with Dead Witch Walking. I'm completely head over heels for the demon that becomes a major character. Jenks is also one of the BEST characters I've met in a long time. ^_^ It's easy reading and pretty fun.

Back to top Go down
http://freakcentral.wikia.com
Nuwisha

Nuwisha

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptyThu 06 Oct 2011, 11:31 pm

First off thanks for the suggestions!
And as for the Night Angel Triology it;s fucking amazing. The first book has a rough start and it seems like it will be bad untill you hit about half way through then it is edge of a knife suspence plot twists and Very cool action scenes that are well descibed. The world is great, it takes bits and peices from the real world and turns them into epic. The characters have the coolest names I've seen ever and the author has balls, he was willing the make the Scottish people bad guys...The second book adds some depth to the world and the third book makes for a great ending with no without a clifthanger or a deus ex machima(sorta..)
Back to top Go down
Nuwisha

Nuwisha

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptySun 06 Nov 2011, 1:14 am

Yep american gods was damn good, going through the spin off called Annansi boys now...it's not as good >_> could be that I got the special 10th ann. ed. of american gods
Back to top Go down
Lore Mistress
Admin
Lore Mistress

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

Nuwisha wrote:
Yep american gods was damn good, going through the spin off called Annansi boys now...it's not as good >_> could be that I got the special 10th ann. ed. of american gods

I agree. I didn't like Ananasi Boys as much as I did American Gods. However, Neverwhere and Smoke and Mirrors are SO worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
http://freakcentral.wikia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a new book to read!   I need a new book to read! Empty

Back to top Go down

I need a new book to read!
Page 1 of 1